Monday, June 18, 2007

and here at the ol' homestead.....

I was scrolling thru my history on internet explorer, looking for cnn.com or ketv.com when I started noticing, there was cheetos.com, fruitloops.com, bluebunny.com, pizzahut.com...... 411 will try all the websites. She is so funny, if she sees a .com address, she has to run to the computer to check it out.


We spent the weekend at the campground. I had a lot of fun yard saling and then cooking out and visiting Saturday. Next time I am going to put my mind to going home on Saturday night though, it was boring all day out there Sunday with no one to talk to. Thank God Whimpy took Bubba home so I didn't have to listen to him complain about being at the river. If he has someone to play army guys with, he does ok but for the most part, he hates it.



Went to the dentist today, I had forgotten they were pulling one of Bubba's teeth. Poor lil guy, I told him to look at the bright side, at least the tooth fairy could finally visit for the first time. I got the "good-god-you-are-stupid" look from him. I am thinking he is starting puberty wayyyy too soon. I had given him the opportunity to clean his room because......









Yeah,not a pretty site. SO I asked him on Monday if he thought it would be reasonable for him to have it cleaned by Wednesday. Sure, he says, no problem. Tuesday I asked him again, Is it reasonable to assume that by 5 on Wednesday you will have your room clean? Sure, no problem. Wednesday morning I asked again, will you have your room clean by 5? Yep he says. Then he proceeded to go play with his friends, run around outside, ride his bike etc. At 5:01 pm Wednesday, I got a new room. Toys and all. The boys had to ask for their underwear, clothes whatever but NO toys. I didn't feel like cleaning it that day, and since it was now my room, I cleaned it when I felt like it. Which was last night.....






Quite a difference, aye? The whole thing was, all he had to do was attempt to pick up something, anything to make a dent. But he made the choice to ignore me so these are his consequences. He can earn credit to 'buy' his toys back but let me tell you, they aren't cheap!! In the meantime, he has lost all video games and swimming in Aunt Chelle's pool too for other things he has done. I hope he gets his lesson soon, I am running out of creativity. The bright side is, 411 is a quick study, she sees what he is doing and what is happening so even though she may not like it, she does what she is supposed to.

Mr. has oral syrgery on Thursday, we have to be up at the hospital by 6:40 am (for those not near here, it is a 30-40 minute drive to get there). He told me today while we were waiting for 411 and Bubba to get done that he doesn't like the dentist. Then about 10 minutes later says, me like the dentist now. We'll see how well he likes Dr. Joe Thursday. I couldn't ask for better dentistry for my kids, none of them are scared of him or anything he does. I wish he would see a sissy like me :)

No comments: