Wednesday, August 8, 2007

bikini bed

Mr is expanding his vocabulary daily and it sometimes a challenge to understand it all. His new favorite food is bikini bed (otherwise known as zucchini bread). He is really looking forward to school starting, although he will be bummed when he realizes that he can't ride the big yellow bus like the big kids.
Not really a lot exciting happening around here. I spent all day on the phone trying to get everyone one from doctors to dhs on the same page with our latest addition. It is amazing to me how often the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
You wanna hear something funny? Mikey called our insurance lady (Lana, she rocks) and SHE told him he needed to get rid of a couple vehicles and get me a new one. I laughed out loud when she told me that. I have come to the point where I loathe my van but my dear hubby has promised to try to fix it enough to last one more year so we can get out of under the bank loan. That would be nice. I was messing around with a mortgage calculator online for giggles. I put in all our income and debts now and we can "afford" about $136,000 according to the numbers I put in. If we get rid of the bank loan, it jumps to $207,000. That is freaking amazing to me. I know that it isn't anything to base anything off of, I just thought it was interesting. The sad thing is, it is going to be hard to find a house that works for us as well as this apartment. I told someone the other day, if it was a house, I doubt I would ever move. Well, owning a home would be less of a priority at least.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh, those mortgage calculators are dangerous. They give me the 'wants'.