Sunday, August 26, 2007

So, let me tell you about my Saturday

First I started my day by waking a overly tired, pmsing teen to tell her she had to do something she didn't want to do. Actually I gave her a choice of two things she didn't want to do. Then I get everyone loaded into Mikey's car because it has air conditioning but then the power steering doesn't always wanna work. That is a fun adventure all by itself. Off to Aunt Deannes to make noodles. I think the final count was thirty five pounds of flour and 10 dozen eggs. I don't want to make noodles for a long time. It was fun, 411 had a blast helping. Megs and Chick were old pros after about 5 minutes. I had a good time with everyone but had to leave to go pick up Bubba as soon as the noodles were done and the flour mess mostly cleaned. Picked up Bubba from his friends mom ( she had taken him to Keg Creek days, a local town's celebration) and he came home with a whole bag of free stuff so of course 411 was totally green that he got something she didn't. Mikey had been calling me all morning taunting me that I was missing out on some good yard sales so when he called me again, I was like, I am on my way so you can stop now. Oh no, he called to tell me that I might wanna pick up a bottle of Lysol with bleach cleaner because our camper fridge quit working. I was pissed because the last time a fridge quit working down at the river, someone had unplugged it, there was fish in the freezer that had started to rot. So I made a trip to the dollar store and got cleaner, paper towels and a tee shirt I didn't care about ( I also had to change out of my flour/water /egg pasty covered shirt). Get down there and Mike starts to mow the jungle that has sprouted around our camper from all the rain we have been getting. I had to make him stop and help me because..... there was rotting fish in this freezer too. and he had left it there. Mike has a notorious weak stomach but I didn't care, he was gonna have to help me. so we got the fish out and properly disposed (back in the river is appropriate I thought) and he goes back to mow and I went to get started on the fridge. Wellll, then I find out the lights aren't working. So back out to ask Mike if there was a fuse blown. I could see the murder in his eyes when I had to stop him this time. After a lot of cursing and poking and investigating, his conclusion is that our converter went out. The good part was the air conditioner and the wall sconce's still worked so I could clean the fridge. Frickin' yah. There was a whole universe of maggots all through where the fish had been down into the fridge. Small ones, tiny ones, dead ones, alive ones, HUGE ones, it was a party. I went through a whole brand new bottle of Lysol with Bleach spray, part of another one, and a whole roll of paper towels. If I never have to do that again, it will be WAYYYY too soon. Bob and Dianne, MacKenna and her friend Hanna came down to have dinner with us and visit, the kids all got along, it was groovy. Mr biffed his eye pretty good, I'll have to get a picture of it, and he wouldn't tell us how he did it. It was a "geek-it". I had to bribe him with a piece of gum to get him to tell me. He was pushing a car around like he does at full speed and it got away from him or he tripped and he face planted on it. I think he was embarrassed. Of course, we all assumed he had done something naughty. He is such a little man.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Guess what we had for dinner Sunday night? We had beef and noodles. After making all those noodles on Saturday, the 6 I made up for us was a cake walk! They tasted SO GOOD!

Unknown said...

Maggots? There'd be a fridge thrown out in the water if that had been me!!! EEEWWW!!!