Thursday, August 23, 2007

The wet spot feels good

Just goes to show you the difference between a four year olds mind and a thirty three year old mind. Mr and I were out on the porch this morning after the rain and he was walking on the wet deck when this little jewel escaped his mouth. Immediately I was thinking 'oh yeah? I really don't like the wet spot myself' I am such a pervert.
I have had my first experience with Blondie's O.D.D., and I feel like a loser. I am really thankful she is at school so I have time to think about it and be calm when she gets home. Ok so here is what happened: Last night I made her do her homework. Cuz I am a bitch like that. That made her mad so she just ignored her chore. Ok, fine, it will be waiting for her when she gets home. This morning she wore a top that I didn't feel was appropriate for school and I suggested she change it. She ignored me. I explained there was more showing then there should be and she really needed to change it. She ignored me and wore it anyway. So here comes the dilemma, what discipline I would use for my children will not work on her. Frankly, I don't know what would work. I called her home worker and she suggested setting her down and telling her she had to follow the rules or find a new place to live. That seems kinda harsh for a little thing but the point is I don't want it to become a big thing. She already feels rejected and unwanted, I DO NOT want to add to that whole mindset BUT I do want her to understand that she does have to follow the rules.
I have some good news to share, Bubba brought home a note asking if he could be tested to be part of the Excel program. I think that is awesome! Even if he doesn't "get accepted" I still like that they think he is smart enough for it.
I had Miss Riles and baby Miley here yesterday. Mr was so happy, the were soooo full of energy. I was relieved that Miley slept for 7 of the 10 hours she was here. Today Mr is asking if we can go pick up Riles so he has someone to play with. Nope, I am enjoying the relative peace. Sue me!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Does Blondie have any type of professional counseling available to her? I can see this creating a great big problem in the near future, especially if she gets by with things that you won't let your kids get by with. My only suggestion would be to take priviledges away from her (like music at bed time) until she willingly follows the rules. No matter what her past has been like she isn't stupid and she knows there are rules and that she has to follow them. She may be using her past to her advantage at this point, especially if she knows how bad you feel for her. Tough Love sucks but things will never get better for her unless someone steps in and takes over. Someone needs to be the parent. She apparently hasn't had one of those before! Instead of telling her she will have to find another place to live, tell her that you aren't giving up on her. Let her know that you are in this for the long haul and that if she can't learn to be part of the family and live by the same rules your kids live by then your okay with her spending the next 2 years without any priviledges.
No matter what it isn't fair for your kids to have to live by a different set of rules than her. Besides, I know if irritates the shit out of you when she goes and does what she damn well pleases.
D