Thursday, August 16, 2007

Can you hear that?

School has officially begun! YAHOO!! I am loving the quiet, non arguing that is happening right now. The kids were excited this morning except Bubba, he really wanted to go back to sleep. I bet that he goes to sleep before midnight tonight. I couldn't get him and 411 settled down last night for all the tea in China.
Blondie went to bed early (thanks for the meds man!) and was up at 5 am to start her new school. I am really hoping that this new start will be a great thing for her. In her old school, she had that whole your family is ---? You must be trash... Ya'll know how that works. I am ever the optimist that since no one knows her they will judge her for herself. It is a rare thing to happen in school so I have my fingers crossed. And I am also hoping that she will get the academic help she needs and not just pushed through for the no-child-left-behind sake.
I am also wishfully thinking that Chick will have an easier time this year. I think she has grown up a little this summer, although you sure couldn't tell from her belligerent attitude the other night.
411 is the one child that I have no social concerns about. She is just like her dad and Aunt Chelle, they can talk to anyone. It is a trait that I sometimes envy since making small talk is like brain surgery for me.
Bubba has his niche with all the boys. Girls are gross. I like that. I am not looking forward to the calls. You know the ones.... ring ring, 'Hello?' (giggle giggle) 'Is (giggle)Brandon there(giggle giggle giggle)?'
Mr doesn't start till the 4th so he has a little more mom time. It is kinda nice just him and me again. I will update later and let every one know how the day went for all.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am patiently waiting for the update. Don't forget to tell us how Mikey is doing.