Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SHH!!

Can you hear that? It is the silence of a not crying baby and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Poor Munchikin has been constipated all weekend and Cranky (with the capitol C). She had a doctors appt today and the doc said she could come off this new formula since she is now 8 lbs 4 oz and go back to the stuff she likes. I am so happy.
On the other hand, Bubba has come down with the nasty stomache bug that has been terrorizing this part of the planet. I always feel so bad for him, he is so thin and seems to get everything so much worse then anyone else. I just keep handing him icy water as he calls it and bubble gum candy (tylonel for people that don't live with a three year old that refuses his medicine).
Ok, on a note that is not kid related, I have been officially commissioned to make 2 rag quilts. I am so jazzed!! It is for a family member for a special occasion but I still think it counts!!
Mikey interviewed for a job at the state school, so we are waiting patiently(wink wink) to see if they call. He really wants it, it would be like 30 miles closer for him to drive everyday. On top of all the other reasons, but that is a big one.
My niece recently blogged on her site on what must have been a very stressful day: http://supermomto2.blogspot.com . I was very impressed with how articulately she expressed what every mom feels at some point or another. I know I have those moments when I think, I could be thin and sane. I could have a great career and have people respect my choice of profession. I could get all the sleep I want and never have to give up a good time out for someone else. Yeah, I could but I wouldn't. As stressed and incompetent as I feel sometimes, I am so happy with the choices that have lead me to this point. I just have to tell myself on those days that just seem to be a black pit, take a look at the great kids in the other room. They love you, so you must be doing something right.
And on a completely irrelevant topic, Lost is coming back on TV soon. Oh, I am so looking forward to that. I was looking forward to American Idol too ( yep I admit it, I watch the car accident of reality tv) but I think they are showing way too much of the sucky ones and how mean the judges are so I will just wait to watch till the audition shows are over.
So, that about covers everything in my head at this point. yep, totally empty now. NAPTIME!!

1 comment:

supermom said...

thanks for the kind words. you got it, having a horrible day. ds pee'd on me as he woke up in the middle of his sleep. took him to the bathroom. he was totally spazzing, sat him down, i sat next to him and all i felt was this sprinkle of water on me and all i could think was, what in the heck is that water and where is it coming from? then, it dawned on me, my ds is peeing on me. oh, LOVELY. the joys of motherhood at times. at least it was me and not dh as he would have been freakn.
sorry the little ones are sick. that is not good. :( hopefully, they will feel better soon. and, uncle mike, god, i hope you get this one. i know you will do a good job for them. keeping my fingers crossed for ya. and ya know, i think my dad is pretty cool and does a good job too, so, i think you may enjoy working with him. he is good at what he does.