Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

I object to kids having to wait for the bus when the windchill is below zero. I think it is ridiculous when they have group bus stops because some of these kids can't wait inside and look out the window (that is what mine do, go out when the bus is 1/2 a block away), they have to stand outside and freeze their little tushes off. If they are going to do it this way, they need to build a little shelter of some kind like the city bus has. It would protect them from rain too. yep, this is my new crusade.

Now that that is off my chest, My kids teachers are so going to hate me today. I let all four of them have their valentines boxes this morning before school. then three of them have parties this afternoon, I would truly not like being in the classroom today. :)

I did some spring cleaning this week. It's a bit premature since there is 7 inches of snow in the front yard and it is below zero but hey. Anyway, there is a wonderful website, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleOmahaNE and is all about giving stuff away in Omaha. I listed a bunch of stuff that was just going to the thrift shop or dump anyway and someone took it. And the beautiful part is, they come to pick it up. Well, I had to put it in mike's car so it could ride to work with him but then the person comes and gets it from Mikey. I personally think this is a fabulous idea. It is crazy what people offer and / or take. It's true, one mans trash is anothers treasure.

No comments: