Monday, February 12, 2007

Whats this do mommy?

Mr has been home a total of 1/2 and hour and I have answered that very question at least 15 times. Munchkin is off for an all day visit and I am enjoying the quiet. Well, I WAS enjoying the quiet I should say. I spent the morning getting Valentines for the kids and then cleaning the boys' room. I should have taken before and after pictures. It took me 2 1/2 hours, 2 bags of trash and 2 bags of toys but I got-r-done. I have warned Bubba since Wednesday it was coming and that he was making the choice to lose his toys but he didn't really care. I also took video games away, that you would have thought killed him. So, first thing this morning before the bus he is playing his gameboy. I took it away and reminded him that he lost it because he made the choice to not clean his room. He just looks up and says 'oh, I thought that started tommorrow.' So it ought to be interesting to see how well he deals with his toy boxes being off limits stacked in the corner and no books. I took close to 100 books out of his room, the boy is a reading fiend. Which is great but I am really tired of picking them up, so those are on a one at a time ration. Ahhhh this will be an interesting night.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

WOW, an unsolicited update. Good idea, I used to do that to Karen, took her stuff and once I cleaned with 10 trash bags, it all went in the garbage. I took it to work so she couldn't dumpster dive to get her things back.