Monday, February 19, 2007

Just another manic Monday

I am on day four of a four day weekend with my kids and they are all still alive, I get a cookie. :) Actually they have been really good for the most part. Friday Munchkin spent the night with her parents so I got a whole nights sleep, that was heavenly. I took 411 and Chick shopping for Chick a new coat. Let me just say that it is ludicrous you can buy 50+ styles of bikinis but only 2 stores in a 75 mile radius carries coats when it is -5 degrees outside. The two stores that actually had coats left were Dillards and Sears. Dillards "clearance" was still over $70, that is a whole nother ridiculousness. Finally tracked one down that she liked BUT she will need a new one next season because it will be too small. Given the options, it was the best. When the girls and I came home, our niece's 3 boys were visiting and their mother & 2 sisters came over too. SO for those of you mathly challenged, that brings the total up to 9 kids and 3 adults. Bubba was in hog heaven, he loves when boys come over. I got sent to the store to get a movie to entertain everyone. Yeah right, in this little outpost of civilization. So I rented Prairie Home Companion because it got all these great reviews and has a ton of great actors. STUPID. I watch a lot of movies and I couldn't even get 1/2 hour into this one, just slow and boring. So my niece and her kids left and Mikey and I went to bed. For about 5 minutes, then they came back. It was blowing and snowing so bad she couldn't see 10 feet in front of her car to drive home. SO we had a bunch of overnight guests. It was so funny to get up in the morning, there were bodies everywhere cuz my kids can't sleep in their beds unless they are forced to and they wanted the cousins right there with them. Saturday and Sunday we pretty much just hung out and dealt with Cranky Munchkin. My wonderful, beautiful, amazing, glorious sister in law took 411 and Bubba for most of the day yesterday. That was really great. The only place the baby would stop crying was on my shoulder like a sack of taters, really limited what I could get done. I finally broke down and went to Caseys to get swing batteries. That will teach me to forget them at walmart. Have I mentioned I LOVE THE SWING! she slept for 2 hours, longer then all the time combined all day.

On a totally other subject, I have another sister breakfast coming up. I am looking forward to it, I just have one more project to complete and then go shopping. I really like these adventures with the POB, wish they were more often.



EDIT: only 2 stores in a 75 mile radius that I went to. I should clarify that, I didn't take the journey to the other side of Omaha so I didn't go to Burlington Coat Factory, I am sure they do have coats. It would stand to reason. So anyway, I wanted to clarify that.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Burlington Coat Factory has a ton of coats all the time.......wonder if it has anything to do with the name of the store? Anyway, I was in there on Friday,and they had a huge clearance of Kid's coats. FYI for next time. Cindy

Deanne said...

When is the sister breakfast? You asked me about the date but never told me the day for sure! I would like to be there seeing's how it's my birthday breakfast! Lol
Love Ya
Deanne

Wendy said...

yeah...after waiting for an eternity at The Mart...cause you love me....I could see why you didn't want to go on the crazy drive to BCF...esp at rush hour traffic time. lol love ya..
whimp