Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another day in the life

Since some brilliant mo-fo decided to call my house at 6:15 and the kids don't have to get up till 7, I thought I would update. Munchkin goes home today, for good. Or at least till the next time DHS steps in. I am going to have to stop that there or I could get in trouble. For those of you that know me, you know what a struggle it is for me to not say anything. :)

Mr has a hooky day from preschool, he's gonna be so excited. I was thinking of going up to the zoo today but my house needs to be cleaned way too much. I have a lady coming to visit tommorrow. I am not sure exactly where she fits into the scheme of things but she is involved in the whole foster parent experience. So I guess I will have to get off my dead butt and clean. Of course, I am a dumbass and agreed to watch my nieces so that ought to make it tricky.

Chick and her class got to go to the Amazing Pizza Machine Tuesday as a reward for her class getting the highest scores on the ITBS. She was so happy when she came home. Then yesterday, she came home crying because some girl on the bus smacked her on the head and was kicking her seat. I asked her what she did then and she told me 'Nothing! So&so is an eighth grader!' When I pointed out that she should have stuck up for herself, she just cried harder. I so do not know what to do. Calm Wendy down, I am going to the school later to talk to the principal, but I don't know what to do with Chick. She does not make it easy cuz of the way she talks to people but then she won't defend herself when someone is picking on her either. I wish there was some magic camp I could send her to that she would actually learn people skills and sticking up for yourself and knowing when to hold your tongue from. TO be fair these are all things I struggle with so it is no wonder that she is having trouble. BUT I do not want her to be the social outcast I was. AARRGGHHH

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Well, Brandy, the schools are a no tolerance zone, which means any hitting at all is a threat to your child, it is a big deal nowadays. The person responsible for hitting her even once can and should be suspended from school. It does not matter if Chick has a mouth, it is not the place of another child to hit her in any way. The bus driver should also be reporting said incident, they are mandatory reporters, this is a big deal, and the school could be sued. I wonder what the reaction would be if she hit another child? The schools are supposed to take any act of violence seriously, even a slap. Ask me, the Malvern schools did it, of course, they are choosy about who they see commit the 'violent' act, let's say, your child gets hit 4 times and finally smacks the asshole hitting them, well, guess what, they usually see that one. Ask me, I know.