Sunday, April 29, 2007

You know, I was thinking.......

I am very lucky to have the family I do. My wondermus sister in law Wendy took my son last night and kept him till this evening so he could play with her son. Another sister in law had us over for dinner last night and another sister in law (there are 7 of them you know) sent home a sack of sweaters for me. My lack of unstained clothing is becoming ever increasingly obvious so that was a treat! I read about all the horrible, evil things that people do to each other and it gets so depressing because it seems like that is all you ever hear about. I mean, a shooting will get top story but someone helping a stranger because it was the right thing to do doesn't even get mentioned? I know there has to be good things happening out there too, there is a balance. What goes around comes around, good karma/ bad karma, ying and yang, all that jazz. I would like to hear/read/see some random acts of kindness happening.
With that said, I think of the POBs because honestly, I would prolly be writing this from some padded walls without the support I get. Even if it is just to let me bitch and let the steam out, that is a great help. And I do more then my fair share of bitching, I know. There are other women out there that I am really grateful for too, don't think I am forgetting them. And the most surprising of all the women that come to mind is my mom. I never had a strong relationship with her until like the last year or so. Maybe it is getting older, maybe time does heal wounds, maybe the death of her husband hit her hard, I don't know what it is but we have gotten a lot closer lately. She still tends to drive me nuts with her obsession over my weight and the weight of my daughters but I know that her heart is in the right place. I understand what Chelle said about having to think about how I mean to say something before she gets totally teed at me. I have had to stop and go, MOM, that is not really what you meant to say is it? But I am learning.
I am struggling to make better relationships with my girls, and I do see some improvements. I never would have gone into my moms room just to visit with her the way Chick does. I wanted to but I knew better. I sometimes feel like I leave 411 out and am always telling her to go play. She is 7 so maybe I have enough time to change that. She is so much like me, it is scary. I just hope she has more self esteem and confidence then I ever did. Chick has no problem sticking to her ideas, I just hope she learns a little more delicacy. Speaking of tact, I have to share this story with you. I totally deserved what I got.... 411 is on the raffle ticket mission. She wants to sell to everyone she knows, and my niece is staying with us till her apartment comes open this week. It isn't a good time financially for her so I told 411 to hold off asking her for a couple of days till she at least got her 1st check from her new job at the hospital. SO my darling daughter says.. Kristi, would you like to, nevermind, you don't have any money. Totally pissed Kristi off, I can't say that I blame her. I would be totally upset too and that is what I get. I was really hoping the floor would cave in about then but it never does.
There was a total of 9 kids under 13 running around my house this weekend, I am not wanting to go to bed, I am relishing the peace and quiet.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

I hope you get some use out of the clothes. There wasn't much in the sack but I figured if there was even 2 things in there that you liked it was better then nothing. I always like to share with you before I put them in the yard sale stack. I have a couple more pairs of shoes for you to look at too!
Love you.
Deanne