Thursday, April 5, 2007

my giggle for today

I was talking with my mother about the whole Brittney Spears happenings. The thing that bothered her the most was the pantiless shots. Forget the shaved head, tattoos, partying, rehab, driving with her kids on her lap. Mom was offended by her going out without panties, "that is just tacky" she says. and ya'll wonder where my grasp of the obscure comes from.

Getting ready for spring break. The kids get Friday, Monday, and Tuesday off. That is their whole spring break. When I was in school, you got at least a week. From a mom having the kids home all day, I like the 3 days better :) I love my kids, but with the weather being so chilly, I am not looking forward to them being inside all day for 5 days.

I had to be a meaner last night. Chick wanted to go spend Friday night and Saturday night with her friend. That was fine till we found out they would be traveling to Atlantic to stay with her friends dad. Who has left his daughter with her aunt and uncle while he lived in Texas and moved here (and apparently has been in Iowa for a couple of weeks already without coming to see his daughter). All I know about him is he is willing to let someone else take care of his daughter for months on end. I asked Chick to look at it from my point of view-- you want to go 2 hours away to spend 2 days with someone I have never met and don't know anything about. She said, when you put it that way it sounds bad. Yeah that is my point. She was disappointed but at least she understands we have her safety a top priority. I really like her friend and am glad Chick has someone to hang out with. This little girl also has enough baggage to fill a penske truck and I am not comfortable with Chick getting right in the middle of it.

Ok, on a lighter note, I admit to watching American Idol. And I am totally irritated Sanjaya Malaker is still on there. He can't sing half as well as at least three of the people that have been voted off already. I am starting to wonder if all these people who claim the voting is rigged are right. There is no way America can be so stupid to vote for such a weak winner. Then again........

1 comment:

Deanne said...

You kill me!! I love your first paragraph. You made me laugh out loud!! I got such a kick out of your obscure comment that I had to read it to Jodi our assistant in the office!!
You do make me smile!
Love ya!
Auntie D