Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a couple randomness

I was messing around my myspace page and decided to delete my blog there. Seriously, I don;t have enough to keep this one maintained so there is no way I could do two. anyway, I had to go through and delete every post individually, that sucked! but I did find some humorous items...

A Short History of Medicine2000 B.C. - "Here, eat this root."1000 B.C. - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."1850 A.D. - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."1940 A.D. - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."1985 A.D. - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."2000 A.D. - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root."~Author Unknown

Then I found this from when my first husband passed away. He was an organ donor and they sent this in a packet after it was all done.

TO REMEMBER ME BY ROBERT N.TEST
The day will come when my body will lie upon a white sheet neatly tucked under four corners of a mattress located in a hospital busily occupied with the living and the dying. At a certain moment, a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and that for all intents and purposes my life has stopped. When that happens, do not attemot to instill artifical life into my body by the use of a machine. And do not call this my deathbed. Let it be called the bed of life and let my body be taken from it to help others lead fuller lives. Give my sight to a man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face or love in the eyes of a woman. Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain. Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from te wreckage of his car so that he might live to see his grandchildren play. Give my kidneys to one who depends on a machine to exist. Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk. Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that, someday, a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window. Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the wind to help the flowers grow. If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellow man. If, by chance, you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you. If you do all that I ask, I will live forever.

4 comments:

supermom said...

well, that was super cool. loved it!

Cindy said...

Now that is how I feel about being an organ donor.

Deanne said...

Keep that handy so when I am lying on my bed of life you can share that with everyone. Only I want my ashes spread in Dianne's flower garden!
Okay on the the edge dilema. In the picture of the fat quarters you show and aqua color 2nd from the left. Try that around the edges. I think you would be very happy using that color and it should make the quilt POP!
Love ya.
Deanne

Cindy said...

Listen to sister Dee, she knows how to do those colors!