Friday, March 6, 2009

Strolling

Today I went on a field trip with my oldest son. 26 fifth graders in an Air Force museum to learn about brains. An hour bus ride to and from with said fifth graders. I was looking around the classroom before we loaded up and thinking, wow, things have changed. At the same time I was thinking wow things haven't changed at all since I was a fifth grader. There are two things I remember from my 5th grade year. 1) the first day a sixth grader came up to me and pushed my shoulder and said 'hey you're cute'. I was so flattered! 2) my math teacher , Mrs. Kirkpatrick, made me share a seat with Kyle Jung-something because he was sitting behind me snapping my bra strap and I turned around to tell him to stop. So because I was interrupting her class, I had to share his seat with him. I detested him and was sooo mad.
My son has his first crush, which I think is just so cute but 'gawd, moooooom' so I keep these thoughts to myself. He LOVED it, towards the end of the trip I asked him what he thought of everything we had seen today and he said " the Air Force is definitely in my league of interest". I kept a straight face and didn't let that little 'you are so cute' smile out till I realized that in less then a decade, that will be a serious choice he will have to make. So yeah, that little smirk was replaced with thoughts of where in the hell did time go?

4 comments:

RJ Redden said...

Let's procrastinate the answer to that question. I mean, seriously, do we need to know? FYI - that kid's name was Kyle Jungferman.

Cindy said...

Love the new look of the blog, by the way.

Unknown said...

Kyle was the one who pushed me on the ice out on the playground, and my front teeth got broken out. To this day, I'm scared to death of ice on the ground!!!!

Brandy said...

That is what I am talking about, obviously he was evil and I should not have been punished! :)