Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ho hum

Another chilly day in Iowa. Hold back the excitement!! I have started the plotting of a new quilt. Designing, I totally meant designing. hee hee. I am trying something a little different this time and have discovered I am not a fabulous artist. I know, hold back the shocked gasps, it's true. I can see the image in my head, and I like it alot, but I can not for the life of me get my hands to draw it. I think it has to do with my lack of hand eye coordination, depth perception, or space management. One of those many things I totally ignored in art class. Anyway, I am working on it. I am going to have to buy some new fabric (oh poor me, right?!) because I don't have the color in a big enough piece for my creation. Usually I do alot of little squares & it doesn't matter. SO, of course, this time, I have to be difficult. Drives Mikey mad.
For those of you that don't know, Chick got an A+ on her poetry assignment. I take partial credit for that grade because I was the one up till 2 am with her grouchiness helping to get it together. I told her not to expect that kind of help again, I am getting too old for that. But it is nice to know I can accomplish a freshman's assignment. :)
My mom is already planning a mini family reunion for Labor day. It seems the holidays are all claimed for various spouses so my mom put her claim in on Labor day. We are thinking that at least 3 of the 5 kids, their kids/grand kids, her sister and her brother with his family will all be attending. It ought to be something. She really enjoys having everyone around. I need to make a better effort to visit more, that might be a little easier if she lived closer. I am trying to get her to move to Tabor, that might have a little selfishness behind it. Then I could visit daily, although that might be construed as an argument against.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, I love your quilts, can't wait to see what you are doing. I have a chunk of fabric to give you, here's a hint, I was going to cover my office chair with it, there is several yards, if you like it, then it is yours. Let me know.

Brandy said...

Sah-Weeeet!! Love that!