Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finally!

I was talking to a relative of mine the other day on Yahoo. They have this wonderful new (to me) thing, photo sharing. You can upload a picture right to the conversation in a matter of seconds. The person you are talking to can decide whether or not to save the image to their computer. That is so cool! I got a bunch of pix of that twig of the family tree that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten. The downside to it is, I realized how long it has been since I have taken pictures of my children. I don't want to look back years from now and see only the posed shots of special occasions. Those are good but every once in awhile, a candid just tells a story. Mikey has been gone for a couple of days now and the kids are actually getting along for the most part. I had to memorialize it!

















On the table behind the girls is the infamous quilt.... I am going to have to hide that shirt of 411's, it is one of her favorites but so obviously getting too small. SSIIGGHH all the growing these kids are doing.
















I rather like how it turned out. This is the front...




















and this is the back.



















the main bodies of squares are quilted with just a simple X but for the long strips, that wouldn't really work. Or I should say, I am not smart enough to make it work. So, I got inspired, and made a template to look like the white stars and quilted that around. I like how it turned out but it is a devil to photograph. The back seemed to be more camera friendly :)













2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the border, and I love the star carried out in the quilting. YOu get better with every one of these that you do.

Cindy said...

where is the etsy store where it is listed? YOu have to get it put on your blog????!!!!