Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kaleidoscope of thoughts

I have a few thoughts I would like to share. The first being.....

Octomom. WTF?! She is so obviously a media whore, it is repulsive the way she is using her babies to get what she wants. Now she has fired the FREE nurses. FREE. Because they were supposedly spying on her to report to DHS. Hello, dumbass, anyone in the medical field is a mandatory reporter. That means that now you have to pay for all the nurses that you need, they will still report you if you are doing something wrong. You won't get a pass to screw things up just cuz you are now paying for it. I am sorry, cuz TAXPAYERS are now paying for the nurses. What quality of life are these 14 children, who are all under the age of 10, supposed to have? There is no way one person or even 3, if you count her mom and dad, can possibly give them everything they need. It makes my blood boil.

Obama. Mike and I watched his speech last night, the first presidential speech I have ever sat through from start to finish voluntarily. I like that he speaks in plain English and tried to keep his answers to something anyone could understand. I like that he is human and has no problem admitting it. I am so tired of the politicians with a superiority complex. Granted, he is a politician so you have to take whatever he says with that grain of salt, but at least there is a little lime to go with it ;)

411 and MR are both joining soccer this spring, they start practice next week. It isn't going to be as easy this year, we don't live across the street from the practice field anymore. I love watching the little ones play, they so don't understand the subtleties of the game, it is all about fun. I just wish they could hold on to the fun aspect of it as they get older. There are some parents who come to watch the games that could totally be on the "psycho-soccer-mom/dad" list. I am all about cheering your kids on to do their best, but you shouldn't belittle them for missing a goal or not being in the best position. Let them be kids for goodness sake.

Chick and I are getting excited about the trip to Washington DC. Then there is another sister breakfast coming up, then I have been invited to tag along on a trip to Arizona, then the trip to welcome Snatch back, then there will be another sister breakfast by that time. Mike is going to have a coronary by the time summer is up. Maybe mother nature will co-operate and there will be much more camping then last year. That would help, I doubt he would notice me missing if he was camping. I am kidding. Kinda ;)

I am still battling the whole to edge or not to edge debate. I am pretty sure I have now decided to edge but with what? I might layout a white border to see what that looks like. The more I look at the star material, the more I agree, it doesn't flow with the feel of the quilt. It is going to be hard to market them with this much time from start to finish.

I am looking for new recipes that are fairly simple and cheap. I am burnt out on spaghetti/goulash/meatloaf/tuna casserole/taco's/shepard's pie/chili/potato soup/and -gasp-cheeseburger soup. I crave variety. I say that BUT when trying to keep within the likes/dislikes of my family, it is hard to find new recipes that will meet that criteria. Chick hates lettuce and doesn't like tomato based food, wants seafood but won't eat fish. Bubba hates veggies in general, only wants pasta. Mike hates spinach and alfredo, wants to cut back on chicken recipes and doesn't really groove on new things. 411 will eat almost anything so that helps. Mr doesn't eat anything or at least like a bird and tells me I don't like it almost daily. It is so frustrating to plan, shop for, prepare a meal and then get groans and skeptical looks.

That pretty much sums up what is on my mind right now.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I was going to suggest chicken pot pie, but it rules out the cutting chicken down for Mike. I love my recipe and find it to be filling, easy and has eye appeal. I'll look thru my recipes and see what I can find.

Unknown said...

Had pork roast last night and it was a huge hit. Just throw a roast in the crock pot...

supermom said...

i found a super fun site for affordable and good recipes.

http://mealplanningmommies.blogspot.com/2009/03/guest-post-chicken-salad-recipe.html

um, Octo Mom, yeah, wow, she is weird. the sad thing is, Dr. Phil hopped on board to help her and um, look what she has done to him. basically, spit in his face! it is sick and wrong. she is a nut case. i don't care what anyone says. anyone in their right mind, why on earth would one individual want 14 kids??? seriously!