Sunday, March 22, 2009

drug free cheesecake!

I had a fabulous Saturday night/Sunday morning. My friend RJ came down to visit, my sister in law Michelle came over, I cooked. All the food turned out like I wanted it to, that is a major happy face for me. Alot of the time, I get impatient and don't let something cook long enough or forget something and it gets over cooked. So anyway, I made BBQ country ribs, twice baked potato bake and a no-crack cheesecake. I was super excited, I have been making these homemade cheesecakes for years and every time they crack. I have tried all the 'tricks' to make it not happen but, siiigghhh, it always does. And if you know me, I tend to obsess a bit when I don't get it right the first time. Hence my Mario kart obsession but that is another post entirely.
ANYWAY, I made a perfect cheesecake and was very excited and showed it to everyone who walked in my door, Jake, Wendy, Chelle, RJ, Mike, all the kids, their friends, EVERYONE! I showed it off and presented it as a no crack cheesecake. Well, some smart asses decided that I was saying there were no drugs in it. We had a hysterical laugh for quite awhile. So I took a picture, so I could prove it, which resulted in more harassment for me. But you know what, I don't care, it was a proud accomplishment. Chelle was excited by it, see?!














3 comments:

supermom said...

i would love to have some of your "crack" that looks fricking awesome. i love cheesecake. hey, meet me in the alley behind the coffee shop and i'll take that off your hands. :O)

Cindy said...

I am so impressed, that cheesecake looks perfect! I, too have never gotten one to NOT break. Did you notice anything that you did that maybe made a difference? If so, let me in on the secret, would ya???

Wendy said...

sigh..it was the best cheesecake evah! lol.. even if it was drug free..i'm not used to it being "crackless"
w