Friday, March 20, 2009

I need input

I will get to why in a minute. Look at this adorable fabric I found at Walmart. I had to refrain from buying one of everything, they are all fat quarters and the type of material I use on my quilts. I LOVE the turquoise/brown. It's the new purple!

















I found Mator crocks for Mr. I giggled at the "underside" and the back has a tow hook and liscense plate. He loved them.














Now, here is where I need input. I got the quilt done this far. Now I have a choice. It is made with a denim backside and a layer of batting so it is heavy already. My original design calls for an edging that will add 8" to the length and width. I took pictures of it without and with a mock up of the edging, that material but I haven't assembled it yet. I can either finish it up without or assemble and attatch the edge. What does the majority say?
























This is the backside with, just to give an idea..





4 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't like that print in the next to the last photo. I love the quilt!

I love all those batiks you are getting at WalMart, where are they? I haven't seen them, must be tucked away somewhere. I have been buying batiks at Mangelsen's when they have a sale. Makes it much more affordabe. And sometimes they clear it out........SCORE!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I agree with Cindy, the pattern on the second photo takes away from the colors of the quilt--but you said that was the backside, right?
The trim on the front--the blue--is perfect. It brings out that shade of blue in the quilt.
What's your asking price on this one?????????????????
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RJ Redden said...

It looks like more of an art piece without the edging, like maybe a wall hanging. If you're looking at selling, try thinking about your target market, and what they might want. If you think it will be a size issue, then add the edging. It does look great either way.
PS - it looks like it won't be too hard to sell, if I'm reading Shawna's post correctly. ;)