Thursday, March 12, 2009

A day in the life

Nothing really exciting going on, trying to wait patiently for warm weather. When I say nothing, I mean exactly that. I don't have a career to discuss, any spectacular solutions to the worlds problems, amazing artistic ability or financial mastery to share. This is what I did today:
















I gathered all my denim parts and pieces to cut into backing for the newest quilt I am working on.














I have to measure, cut, curse because I did it wrong and then recut.















I am left with this perfectly neat stack of squares














and this heap of parts. My poor lil sewing machine won't handle the thickness of the seams on the pockets which is too bad because they look really cool incorporated.



















I have the blisters to prove my hard work
















When I got all that done I decided to make beef and noodles for supper. This is before seasonings, doesn't it look suspiciously like a hunk of beef in water? By the time I am done, you won't recognize it, promise.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, those denim pieces are impressive. When WalMart closes out it's fabric center, I wonder if they are closing out all the sewing machines, too? That might be a time to buy a new one.