Saturday, March 3, 2007

blizzard of 07 , day three

Mikey, the kids and I have been housebound for the last three days (stir crazy anyone) due to the horrific blizzard that came this way. There actually didn't seem to be all that much snow but the drifts, OMG the drifts. We went out in Mikey's four wheel drive truck that has a lift kit on it (all I know is I can't get in it without pulling on the damn bar)and some of the drifts were taller then the roof of his truck. Crazy I tell ya. here is the before they tried to clear the highway out of town (the main way in and out I might add)


Here is the after three days they finally dug one lane out...


Mikey by the blue sign coming into town silly guy


And the incredible drifts... kinda cool. I would like them better if they hadn't totally messed up my weekend :)




We had some company tonight, 1/2 of the pack-o-bitches club came over and we made homemade calzones. They were so nummy. My one sister in law made homemade bread dough to use for the calzones and damn, she is talented. They were very good. Did I mention I liked them? The only downside is, is that it is 9:00 at night and Mikey is sound asleep after getting his belly stuffed. :)

3 comments:

supermom said...

ok, fess up. which sister makes the bread dough. i need a good pizza dough recipe that is homemade. Mikey, you are so funny. I love you so much and think of all the fun times we had when i was younger. you are great :)

Cindy said...

Brandy, I would love to see a picture of the area where Mike is standing without the snow, just to understand it better. I saw the barricades on 275 Saturday night when we went to Joe Tess' for dinner. I couldn't believe they didn't have it open yet. The plow came down our street Saturday am to tell us he FORGOT to come down it on Friday. HAHA, explains the HUGE drift across the road right before you got to the nursing home. What a mess!!

Cindy said...

I think the sister that makes the pizza dough uses a bread machine, I would guess it was Deanne, but not so sure. Dianne is closer. Hey, Brandy, time for an update! HAHA. Cindy