Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I am getting nothing done

I keep finding excuses to play on the computer and am getting nothing of importance done. Sighhhhh if I truly cared I suppose that would be a different story :) I want to share some of my "blueprints" with you guys. I make rag quilts, most of them my own patterns. I draw up these pictures and work off that. Now, keep in mind, my art supplies are limited to crayola so bear with me and you will get the drift.

These were supposed to be a series of wall mini quilts for my sister in law but she wanted them sewn together to make a huge quilt. It turned out ok but next time, I will plan on making it into a quilt and not rag it first :)




The one on the right is what I made for my daughter who is into the Celestial theme. The one on the left is the very first one I made all on my own. I had so much fun hunting up the fabrics, the back was all different animals. It looks so different then what the drawing looks like. I don't have an after picture, some gray hair lady keeps forgetting to send it to me (insert winks and smiles here).
I have made alot more basic squares ones but I like the picture ones the best. I was throwing one together for a friend of mine and really was unhappy with it so I decided to scratch it till I could take the time and enjoyment of making it like I did the ark one.
My friend Jennifer from high school posted her 'mother of all lists' of the stuff she wants to accomplish in her life. So, of course, I have to steal her idea. I will limit myself to the top 5 though ;)

1. Learn self control
2. Travel- Washington D.C.,Ireland,Italy,Hawaii (or Cancun), Russia (in summer of course)
3. Teach my children morals, values,tolerance and self confidence
4. Take a guilt free weekend to myself to a spa or something
5. Learn whatever skills I want regardless of people telling me I am a freak

yeah, that is a good start. Now, I should have started the list with Win the lottery ....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Win the lottery is taken! It's on my list. HAHA, the ark quilt is the best one you have done, IMHO. I want to travel, too. But not to Russia. I didn't realize you drew the quilts out before you did them, I also didn't know that you put Michelle's together for her, I thought they were still a bunch of blocks in her gift bag.

Deanne said...

All I can say is you're awesome!!! You do such a neat job on your quilts. There's nothing like getting something homemade but when it's also actually designed by the gift giver that gives it so much more value. You know you are truly loved when someone puts this much time and effort into a gift. My Noah's cross stitch that you did for me will always be one of my most prized possesions. We need to take a picture of it so you can put it on your blog. Maybe we will remember to do that Saturday :)
Love Ya.
Deanne

Wendy said...

hmm...i feel so unloved..my quilt blocks don't make a picture...BUT i did get the FIRST one you ever did (didn't I?) hee hee
whimp