Thursday, May 3, 2007

Smart.Beautiful.Brandy

My niece sent me a link to this site, www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi and this is my slogan. I kind of like it, catchy no?

Haven't we all agreed that frivolous lawsuits are giving the American judicial system a bad rap? i mean seriously, everyone is so sue happy anymore you are afraid to fart in public in case someone sues you for noxious air pollution or something equally stupid. AND you would think, the judges whose case loads are weighted down with idiots who are surprised that coffee is hot would be really tired of it. Well, my fellow humans, I have found that is not the case. In this story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070503/ap_on_fe_st/65_million_dollar_pants;_ylt=Ao6VSFY8bwBQUfxIvmPw97ouQE4F


stupidity is alive and well. The gist of it is a judge took his suits to a cleaners, they misplaced a pair of pants to one of his suits for one week. He wanted them to buy him a new $1000 suit, they said no, we have your pants. So he is suing them. They have offered him several different settlements including a $12,000 payment. He refuses to take it and is suing them for $67,000,000. In what world does this seem reasonable? There should be a pain in the ass penalty for people like this. What do you guys think, do you think he should be able to take a law down to the letter and come up with a total that would finance a small country for a decade? C'mon, where does common sense and compassion leave the building? The owners admitted they made a mistake and tried to make it right in every way they could and he is just being a jackass about the whole thing.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I am washing/drying my latest quilt. Pictures coming soon. Next time I get the brainbuster to use denim on a king size blanket, someone slap me. Wendy, you look too happy to do it, someone else slap me. And Deanne was right, denim does fray a lot, which in this case is a great thing but I have to go unload the lint trap every ten minutes :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ok, on that slogan site, what was yours? Each time I click on it a different one pops up.

Brandy said...

Smart. Beautiful. Brandy. That was my slogan. It is kind of fun to see the different ones they come up with, some I recognize, some I don't.