Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Joe Paterno is my hero!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=dw-paterno052207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&expire=1



I hope the link to the article I was reading works, but, just in case, to sum it up, when Penn State coach Joe Paterno found out there was a brawl involving his team members, he is punishing them. He is making the football team clean up the stadium after all their games this season, build a house for Habitat for Humanity and volunteer at the Special Olympics.
I applaud a man, who at 80, is still coaching and teaching college kids about morals and values. It used to be that you had to uphold a certain standard to be an athelete and these days it seems like as long as they are performing they get a free pass.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

AMEN SISTAH! I used to gag at all the stuff that Coach Osborn allowed his players to get away with.