Monday, May 21, 2007

wow

Here it is Monday after the legendary (hee hee) party. It was a LOT of fun, and was nice to have a lot of people having a good time without getting belligerent (with a minor exception). It was a pleasant difference because you all know that usually if there is a lot of people and alcohol involved, it gets UGLY at least once. And except for my husband asking a couple of women to show their boobs, and one lightweight drinking waaaayyyyyy past his limit, it went smoothly. Everyone is asking when the next one will be. I have it from an inside source next March is looking like a good party month.....

The best part of the whole night (for me) was when my quilts were raffled off, I had 2 women come up and ask me if I take orders. I DO!! I DO!! and, as a matter of fact, ,my nephew asked how much I would charge to make him the king size boot one. Since he is relation and lives upstairs, I told him $150. I think that is going to have to be the family rate though because I started looking up pricing at different sites and OMG no wonder everyone was telling me I was under charging. The average price for a TWIN size is 150. A king 250-600, queen is anywhere from 180-400,a throw size (which the size of a throw varies just as much apparently) is 40-130 and crib size is around 50. I need to decide on a scale and stick with it so if someone else asks, I don't just stare at them and say, I have no clue.

My mom came down to watch the kids Saturday night and I got a good visit in with her Sunday morning while Mikey was fighting the hang over monster. To be fair, Mikey doesn't get too drunk too often, maybe once every three monthes or so and he was tore up Saturday night. But I wasn 't too nice and woke him up every 20 minutes or so to make sure he still did what he said he would. Turns out he couldn't fix what he was going to because he didn't have the right parts. Oh well, it was good for him to get up and enjoy the day. Once he started moving he felt better so it was for the best :)

After mom went home the kids and I went to swim at the Study Pool. They made the rule that you can't get in and out alot because they don't want the grass and stuff clogging the filter ( which is totally understandable)wellll, 411 took that to heart. We got there around noon and I had to drag her out to eat at 7 and as soon as she was done she wanted to go back in. I remember being just like her as a kid. The down side is I got to see what a bad mommy I am because all three of the big kids (and me too) got sunburns. poor 411 looks like a striped lobster. I did use sunblock but apparently not enough. Mr was not impressed with the water temperature and didn't want to get wet. But he did want to join in the fun, it was a dilemma for him.

No comments: