Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This ripped my heart...

I was reading my daughter 411's journal from 1st grade. I really wish I had my scanner hooked up, I would just scan it. Instead I will type what she wrote exactly and then provide translation.



My grampapa died. cus ozie & drex cuoln't fiht his blud. and i cried. cuz hedied.and my family cried Cus he died. the end

TRANSLATION: My grandpa died because Ozzie and Drix couldn't fight his (bad) blood. And I cried because he died and my family cried because he died.

EXPLANATION: Ozzie and Drix are cartoon charactors from a semi educational cartoon that based loosely on the film with Bill Murray. Ozzie is the fighter cell naturally in your blood and Drix is from medicine that you take to fight (antibiotic). These guys are a team that take care of all the virus' and germs that try to attack the body various ways. Her Grandfather died almost 4 years ago after a couple of lengthy hospital stays when she was three and that is her explanation of what happened.

Maybe it loses something being typed but it really touched me.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, it is always amazing to me to look into the minds of the little ones to see how they explain things, rationalizing them with their limited vocabularies. They use the tools they are given thru cartoons, tv, and children's stories to understand all by themselves. That is pretty cool. It saddens me to think that the little kids had to lose their grandpa so early in their lives. He enjoyed having them around, I think it is because children make us realize the little things in life are what it is all about.