Friday, May 11, 2007

Mr update

I just got back from my meeting at school to discuss his IEP (individual Education plan) and they are moving to more academic goals with him but he still qualifies for special ed. Apparently they only re-eval that every 3 years. So the good news is his preschool is paid for next year. The teacher mentioned that in Iowa they passed a law or grant or something that all 4 year old preschool is free. That is good info for a couple of people I know. I asked about the peanut issues and basically she didn't know anything. I found out last night that the nurse's office didn't' have an Epi-pen for him, they have one in the classroom (where he is 99% of the time) but not one in the office. I was under the assumption they had one, I certainly can get them to have. It kind of disturbs me that they are just noticing a week before school gets out. I also asked about the peanut free table and she couldn't answer that one either, I am going to have to request a meeting with the principal to get some answers. She was supposed to be at this meeting but something came up and she called and asked if that would be a problem. I didn't think it would since I mistakenly thought that whatever couple of questions I had would be answered. I am getting more and more disillusioned with the school. Mike has been offered a couple of different promotions that he has turned down to keep the kids here. Might be the next one he takes because I am not 100% that this is the absolute best.
To update on the whole Chick issue, the girl that wrote the note that got Chick sent to the principals office received 2 days in-school suspension and the other one got 1/2 hour detention. I still haven't heard if anything was done about the girl that smacked her on top of the head. It amazes me that 411 and her are sisters. 411 is so outgoing and gets along with everyone. Her biggest complaint is that so and so called her a kookie cookie. What I wouldn't give for that to be my largest stress. Bubba just hangs with the boys playing army and is so "normal" it is textbook. At least they keep me on my toes.

No comments: