Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rain rain go away

Mikey and I were talking yesterday that for the last 6 years it has rained every Memorial weekend. I guess I didn't pay attention but he is a camping enthusiast and noticed because it is the first weekend for camping. Totally bums him out. He is really anxious to get a shelter built on our lot so that is frustrating him too.

We got Chick delivered to her grandmother with no problem, first thing Mimi says is 'Grandpa's got a crab boil planned for you. He's waiting to go to the seafood store till you get down there to help him pick out the seafood.' So ok, I knew she was going to get ridiculously spoiled. I called her to make sure they got to grandmas house ok and all I get are one word answers. Fine, do the whole 'My mom is a mega bitch' thing, it is not going to change the fact that you will be coming home in 5 weeks. I just love teens.

Bubba has his 9th birthday coming up next week. I have no idea what to get him, he has all the GI JOES he could possibly want. They aren't like the Bratz or Barbie with new outfits and accessories every other week you know. I do know he wants video games but I have a real problem buying him something to keep him inside during the summer. He has made a couple of friends in the neighborhood so he's getting out and riding his bike and being social. Something new for him. My niece has her boys this weekend and I haven't seen him but maybe 5 minutes here and there. That is they way I remember summers, out playing all day and trying to stretch that last 5 minutes out of the sunset because you have to be in by dark.


Mike has a huge fish fry planned for the fourth of July. Our friend Zach is coming up for the week, Mikey is taking a week of vacation and they have the whole week planned, drinking and fishing. One day they are going to go get my daughter and fireworks but the rest of the time is laid out!!

No comments: