Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A little bit of whine in your cup

Ahhhh the first full day of summer vacation and babysitting. Hating it. It is only 10 am and I have sent two to the park and laid one down. Of course, to be fair, Tater really needed her morning siesta. Mr is driving me insane, I love that he can communicate just like everyone else now but DAMN I wish he would learn to not talk too.

I watched the season finale of LOST on Wednesday. I have been watching it since season one, so I pretty much get what is going on (as much as anyone can that is) but Mikey was working nights those first couple of seasons and there is alot of stuff he asks about. That is fine with me because he finally quit saying 'this show is so stupid...' when he got interested in it. I like having someone to watch it with me. Chick is into it too, as long as it doesn't interfere with Supernatural. Anyway, I went to a couple of message boards outta boredom and I am so surprised at the high levels of passion people are writing about the show. Yeah, I really like it and somethings make me comment out loud (like Sawyer being mean to Hurley, really not cool) but c'mon, it IS just a show. I suppose from a merchandising standpoint, obsessed fans are a boon. I guess I just watch too much tv and movies to get so into it, I do nothing but think about the show and all the possible theories and explanations. It is a fun ride. Period.

The theme for next years party has been decided and now I get to come up with some quilt patterns. I was so flattered when as soon as Chelle brought it up, someone said, oh, you could make some fun quilts with that theme. I am always amazed that people liked something I made. I am always asking, so what do you think/ you think they will like it/ is it all right? I am sure people are tired of my asking, but I am seriously THAT insecure.

Speaking of parties, Mikey is really getting into the whole fish fry for the fourth of July. I just giggle because the POBs get everything planned in like 5 minutes because we have so many get togethers while he is starting to stress 6 weeks in advance. I have to admit, I am really glad Snatch will be here too, he is the only one of Mikey's friends (at the time of our marriage) that willingly accepted me into his circle too. The rest of them resented losing a drinking buddy which is normal I guess. He is a really neat person even if he does say things to set me off on a tangent on purpose.

AND, we are going to be getting the arrangements for the Halloween spooktacular made soon. Halloween? you say.. well, let me tell you, this party was for 80+ kids last year and I am sure even more will come that missed it last year since that was all anyone in the elementary talked about for a week. It was really cool, and since we have most of the stuff left from last year, shouldn't be that terribly hard to pull off this year. I am pounding on my wooden desk as I write that! Chelle is going to be famous for her parties, there is a lot of work and planning put in but at least 10 times that in fun had by the people that come.

No comments: