Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday, rainy Tuesday

It is a blah kind of day. You know the ones, the kind where sitting by the window reading a good book is the best way to spend it. Yeah, not going to happen but it sounds good. Saturday I had a nasty bug that I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital for. It was really quick onset and just drained everything out of me. So Sunday when I got up I wasn't the perkiest. My 12 year old kept apologizing for not making me breakfast in bed but as she said, she wasn't sure I would've kept it down. Mikey had to work so it was pretty much me and the kids all day, he did buy a card Sunday morning at the gas station on his way to work. Since I was asleep, does that count as forethought? I don't think it does since it was on the day of but technically my day hadn't started...... well that is another debate. He tells me when we get home from his moms ( at 8:45pm), you'll have to go with me to pick out your mothers day gift. At that point, forget it. All I want is a little thought put into it. It isn't like I don't have a list I keep on my puter for the POBS. AArrgghh one of these days, he is going to get it into his brain that mothers day, my birthday and our anniversary are important. And valentines day but not so much. I keep hoping anyway.

Anyway, we went to Mikey's moms house to surprise her with a get together. She hasn't felt up to participating in family get togethers for a couple of years, so she was really, really excited that almost everyone stopped by for mothers day. Chelle and Whimp went and cleaned her house for her before everyone got there, I thought that was awesome cuz I hate cleaning my own home and to have someone come in and do it for you, what a great gift. As usual, everyone brought way too much food. I ended up bringing home three different kinds of cakes, the kids are in hog heaven!! I was a bad mommy and let them have Robert Redford for breakfast. My thinking is that it is going to go to waste and it doesn't happen all the time. It has dairy and nuts, there is two food groups, that counts!!


Yesterday after school, the kids and I went out to Chelle's, she let them swim in the pool for the first time this year, OMG they were so excited. Mr even wanted to get in when he got there but by then a nasty storm was moving in and we had to come home. I am really hoping this year he is a little more interested in the pool. I absolutely love visiting with Chelle cuz she always makes me feel welcome. I never feel like I am an inconvenience or interrupting her life, I think that is a great skill she has. I know that there are times that people stop by or even call and something is going on and I am short with them or just not very inviting. I don't mean to be, I am working on it. I need to work on my social skills with Chick!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

YIKES,now I am feeling way guilty. I have never meant to make you feel unwelcome at my home. So, if I did, I am apologizing for it. I AM SORRY! But, I know what you mean, Chelle is the best at making us all feel welcome, and loved, it is a knack she has.